Our Collection and Use of Personal Information Provided
Vitasave-us.com (and our service providers, as described below) may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes
- To fulfill your online order, to communicate with you about your order and to provide customer service regarding your purchase.
- To help provide both a pleasant, unique and efficient shopping experience based on your needs and preferences.
- To notify you of specific products, promotions and services that are relevant to you.
- To assist in making our marketing efforts more efficient.
- To improve the content, design and vendor selection of our Site.
- To manage and audit the usage and performance of the Site and our systems.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Information Collected Directly From You
You can visit and browse www.vitasave-us.com without entering any of your private or personal information. However, if you do make a purchase from our e-commerce store, we will ask to obtain the personal information that’s required to fulfill your order, to communicate with you about your order and to provide our customer care team with your contact information to provide you with any necessary updates.
In order for us to provide you with a seamless shopping experience and access to our promotional offers and features, we will ask to collect specific personal information from you. For example, we may collect your email address if you subscribe to our newsletter, or email programs, or if you use our features to create wish-lists, write product reviews, enter a contest or product giveaway, complete a survey, or “Like” us on Facebook.
The information collected depends entirely on the purpose. For example, if a purchase is made with a credit card, we will collect your name, phone number, email address, billing and shipping addresses, zip or postal code and credit card information to complete and fulfill your order, however, your credit card information will not be stored on file for future use.
To improve your shopping experience, Site use and marketing efficiency, we’ll collect your purchase history, personal preference information (such as specific brands, products, flavours, size, quantity, etc.) and any demographic information that you provide to us (such as age, income range or gender). This information may also be used to analyze our Site use and improve our marketing efforts.
Your personal information may be collected and/or displayed with user-generated content on our Site, such as product reviews, ratings and wish-lists.
Information Collected Automatically
Like most websites, we automatically collect and store information about your visit to www.vitasave-us.com, which includes the pages and materials you view, the searches and purchases you make, links you click and other actions you take on our site.
We also collect standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, your geographic location, your browser type and capabilities, your operating system, the date and time you access our Site, session information (such as page response times) and the website that linked you to our Site. Aggregate Information
On occasion, we may collect non-personal information for statistical purposes about the use of our Site, such as how many visitors have visited a specific web page, the duration of their stay and which links they click on.
This information is intended to help us determine which areas of our Site are most popular, so we can make appropriate improvements to enhance your visit. We may also group and de-personalize information into aggregate visitor date in order to describe our Site usage.
The information we collect gives us an accurate overview of our user database, as well as our users’ collective viewing, search and shopping habits. This allows us, our vendors and our business partners to personalize the content and discounts displayed based on user traffic, while further supporting and enhancing your shopping experience.
Cookies are small data files that your internet browser stores on your hard disk or in your browser’s memory, which allows us to remember you and the details about your visit to our Site. Cookies enable you to select and place products in our shopping cart and allow you to complete a purchase on our Site. Cookies also make it easier for you to navigate our Site by storing an encrypted link to your account information. This is intended to enhance your shopping experience so that you aren’t required to enter your personal information or preferences more than once.
Web beacons, which are sometimes referred to as single-pixel gifs or action tags, are electronic images that assist in delivering cookies and provide additional information (such as which ad you clicked on that redirected you to our Site). We use these technologies to store specific technical information to help us understand user interaction with our Site, monitor and analyze Site use, understand shopping patterns, avoid ad duplication and measure our marketing and advertising efforts.
We don’t store your personal information in a cookie. When you leave our Site, we terminate our interaction with the cookie, which instead stores the information on your own personal computer or mobile device. You have the option of deleting the data that web beacons add to the cookie by following the directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file.
In doing so, you will be required to log in again and re-enter your preferences the next time you visit our site. Most Internet browsers are initially set to automatically accept cookies, but you can typically modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being delivered.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not unable to access or use some portions and features of our Site, which may not result in the best shopping experience possible.
When you “subscribe to email” you can choose to opt-in to receiving promotional emails from us. Similar to most e-commerce sites, we include software code in our emails to monitor whether or not you opened the email, whether you’ve clicked on the images or links in the email and whether your computer or mobile device is capable of receiving HTML-based email. You may opt out from email and mobile programs, as described below under “Opting Out”.
Disclosure and External Use of Your Personal Information
The method of consent will be appropriate for the type of personal information involved, and the purposes for which it is collected, used or disclosed. Depending on the circumstances, consent may be implied or expressed (for example, if you agree either verbally, in writing or electronically).
Service Providers We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as shipping and fulfilling orders, processing payments, hosting on our website and product review pages. We also partner with third parties to send out information or promotional offers, tailor our site and email content, provide customer service, analyze Site data and serve or manage ads.
Some of these companies collect and store information on our behalf as part of their services. We may also provide them with elements of your personal information that they require to deliver their services efficiently. These companies are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
- Aggregate Data We may share aggregated, non-personal data with service providers, advertisers or other existing and/or potential business partners to allow our users to receive targeted information, such as product recommendations and promotional offers, and to optimize third-party offers of products and services.
- Partner Programs and Companies On occasion, we may partner with companies that, in conjunction with trusted store or similar programs, subscription services, rewards programs or other membership programs, require that we disclose personal information or purchasing information about their members who visit our Site (for example, to obtain purchase protection or to earn points or discounts for purchases made on our Site through links from the partner site).
We will disclose your personal information to the partner companies only when you consent to that disclosure, including consent implied by your agreement to the applicable membership or participation rules as necessary to support your membership in these programs.
- Contest and Promotional Sweepstakes Winners We may publicly disclose personal information, such as the name, city and state or province of contest or sweepstakes winners.
- Acquisitions or Divestitures We may decide to buy, sell or merge our own or other businesses. Such a transaction may involve disclosing personal and other information to prospective or confirmed buyers, or receiving it from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for your information in these transactions.
In the event that we or all of our assets are acquired in such a transaction, customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
- Opting Out of Correspondence, Accessing and Editing Your Personal Information You may unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of every email message. You may also send an email request to unsubscribe to email@example.com
We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages (for example, if we temporarily require the suspension of our Site for maintenance), without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Furthermore, because we are required to communicate with you about orders that you’ve placed, you cannot opt out of receiving emails that pertain to your orders. However, you may opt out at any time from receiving direct email such as newsletters or promotions by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may access and edit your personal information, including your email address and whether or not you wish to receive promotional emails in the “Your Account” page of our Site.
You may opt out of a specific mobile messaging campaign by replying to the promotional text with the word “stop”. Text “stop all” to opt out of all mobile messaging.
You may also make requests pertaining to your personal information, such as requests to access information or requests to update or correct inaccurate information by writing to:
4585 Tillicum St
Burnaby, BC V5J 5K9
or by emailing us at email@example.com
- Measures to Keep Your Information Secure The security of your personal information is a priority to us. We maintain industry-standard electronic, physical and procedural safeguards, such as encryption technology and firewalls to protect your personal details and information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times. As a result, and despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you create an account on our Site, you may be asked to choose a password to protect your account and to keep your information secure. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and accept the full responsibility for all activities that occur under your password or account.
Links to Other Sites From Third Parties Our Site contains links to other third-party websites. These third-party websites may link back to our Site. If you visited our Site through a link, banner or other form of advertisement on another site, then that site may be collecting information from users who click on the banner, link or advertisement.
It’s recommended that you review the privacy policies on those sites to see what information is collected and how it is used. We are not responsible and cannot control the privacy practices of any other website or for any information you submit to, or that is collected by a third-party website.
- Children’s Privacy We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information from or about children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you’re under the age of 13, we ask that you do not submit any personal information through our Site.
How to Contact Us with Privacy Questions
4585 Tillicum Street
Burnaby, BC V5J 5K9